In the course of two weeks, I have had the following items break
- the video card on "Precious"(*), my work laptop
- The battery on my supervisor's spare MacBook, which I was borrowing.
- Then the hard drive on the same MacBook dies, leaving it down. I had to scrounge a hard drive out of an older Dell laptop and restore my files again.
- My co-worker's hard drive decided to die a few days later.
- We had to cancel a trip out of town with our neighbors because our 7 person cabin ended up being a 4 person cabin...
- I spent Sunday afternoon taking out the vinyl flooring I put in the kitchen just a few months ago. We have no idea how water got under it, but it did. This would be less depressing if we were finished paying it off... *blush*
Even so, it is well with my soul. All four of us are healthy (including Number 1 Son), and no one has the swine flu yet. Our house is intact, and we aren't bankrupt. I have good friends, good co-workers, a good job, and a good church.
To quote the song:
My sin not in part but the whole
Is nailed to the cross and I bear it no more
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, oh my soul