- Randal Cobb is either playing hurt or playing exhausted. Trying to carry an entire team on your shoulders is too much.
- The UK offensive line needs some strength, but was mostly just outclassed by an excellent Georgia defensive line. They need to try to give Hartline just a little more help.
- The UK offense committed 4 turnovers. Yes, that was very bad. OTOH, get behind by 14 points or more, and you have to take chances, and chances mean turnovers.
- No one on the UK defense can tackle. Georgia players regularly got more yardage than they should have, because the UK person couldn't grab and hold.
The entire UK defense should be put through tackling drills, and the defensive coaching staff should have to play the offense.
- Update: I forgot that the Georgia Athletic Director should fine the Georgia coaching staff a week's pay. Ealey got hurt on an offensive play with a few minutes left. He walked off under his own power, but I told our neighbors that he should be done for the night. At that time, UK had a theoretical possibility of catching up, but not a practical one. A few plays later, Ealey was out there again and had to get escorted off the field again. The second time, UK was a dead duck; your record-making player had no business on the field.
If I were AD at Georgia, I would have their coach in my office Sunday afternoon for a good yelling, at the very least.
A Christian Bohemian Packrat shares a few of the ideas he has managed to collect over the years...
Saturday, October 23, 2010
UK needs defensive coaches
Posted by Anonymous at 10:58 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment